The following are the main contacts for Special Educational Needs and Disability at Chester-le-Street CE Primary School:
Mrs J Proud is the Head Teacher
Mrs M Richardson and Mrs T Woods are our designated SEN Governors.
Mrs H Dawson is our designated Special Educational Needs Coordinator.
It is the SENCO’s job to:
- Oversee the day-to-day operation of the school’s SEN policy
- Liaise with the relevant Designated Teacher where a looked after pupil has SEN
- Advise teachers on using a graduated approach to providing SEN support
- Advise on the deployment of the school’s delegated budget and other resources to meet the pupil’s needs effectively
- Liaise with parents/carers of pupils with SEN
- Liaise with and be a key point of contact for external agencies
- Ensure that the school keeps the records of all SEN pupils up to date
- Work with the head teacher and school governors to ensure that the school meets its responsibilities with regard to reasonable adjustments and access arrangements.
Contact the SENCO by phoning the Junior Department of the school on 0191 3882328 or sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org