We ensure that all children attending Chester-le-Street CE Primary School receive provision that maximises their enjoyment and believe achievement is central to all we offer.
Consultation with children, young people, parents and carers is key to securing success.
We use the following strategies:
- We operate an ‘open-door’ policy, where parents and carers are welcome to come into school to discuss any concerns they may have.
- We hold termly parent’s evenings/target setting appointments where we involve SEND children and their parents/carers with the planning of personal targets through the review of a support plan.
- If a child has a Statement of SEN or an EHC Plan an Annual Review will be carried out where input is required from all agencies involved with the child.
- Children of all ages are encouraged to share what they would like to learn.
- Teachers and Support Staff work with children and young people to identify the support needed to meet agreed targets.
- Provision is planned and interventions are allocated to meet individual needs.
- We make close observations during the school day to identify the types of activities and experiences that most engage each child so these can be developed further and be used inform future planning.
- Most importantly we ensure children with SEND are happy, motivated and make expected levels of progress throughout their time in school.
- We use the ‘Assess, Plan, Do, Review Cycle’ where all contributions towards the achievement of targets are valued.
If you would like to discuss your SEND requirements in detail please contact us to arrange an appointment.